Monday, June 27, 2011

Antiques, Flea Markets, and Garage Sales

Evan and I love love love to go look at antiques and flea markets any chance we get. Sadly, most of the time we can't buy anything but it's a great activity to do together. In Keller we like to go to this place that has antique auctions and we LOVE it! We've got a chair, mirror, some old clocks, and a huge trunk.
This is what it originally looked like. We repainted and lined it (which I never ever want to re-line anything again!) but it was worth it!
"new" trunk and one of the clocks

A year ago we went to the flea market and bought a really nice desk. Now, don't judge me but the desk was nice just the way it was if I were a 60 year old man. There was nothing wrong with. However, I am a 24 year old women so I decided to paint it yellow (my favorite color) and put new handles on it!

Saturdays are the best days because that's when the garage sales happen! We bought this little cabinet for $5...

We're guessing the previous owner put wallpaper on it. Then changed their mind and tried to rip it off. Obviously it didn't come off. So now we gave ourselves a new project...
We tried simply ripping the rest of it off but that would take years.
Then we tried spraying it with water and then ripping it off... no luck.
We bought a little scrapper just for this reason... nope.
Other people even tried taking the time to do it for us and they gave up.
THEREFORE, we painted over it!
If anything, painting over all the pieces of stuck on paper gave it an even more "aged" look. So now it's in my kitchen. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment