Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chef Kelsey!

Recently I have LOVED cooking so much! My favorite cook book right now is KRAFT PHILADELPHIA Cheesecake & More. My favorite thing to make (and I'm sure Evan's favorite, as well) is Key Lime Cheesecake. Here's the recipe:

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. lime zest
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
Cool Whip
HEAT oven to 350 degrees
BEAT first 5 ingredients with mixer until well blended. Add eggs; mix just until blended.
POUR into crust
BAKE 40 min. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours. Top with Cool Whip just before serving.

It's so easy to make!


Another favorite of ours is homemade party deep dish pizzas! My mom bought me some cute little deep dish pans for Christmas and we love making pizzas and cookie pizzas in them. Here's the recipe for the pizza dough:

1 package (2 1/4 tsp.) active dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water
1 tsp. sugar
1/3 vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
COMBINE yeast, water and sugar and whisk by hand until dissolved. Let stand for 5 minutes.
ADD vegetable oil, flour and salt.
KNEED for about 5 minutes.
DUST a baking sheet with flour and place dough on sheet for 2 hours to rise at room temp.

I like to add olive oil for extra flavor





The next thing I want to learn how to cook is Creamy Potato Soup. If anyone has a good recipe then send it to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment