Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Fun!

At the beginning of the month we had some visitors come stay with us for a night! My mom, sister Kendra, and her two kids Cassidee and Cason. We had a lot of fun swimming in our little pool in the backyard, making homemade pizzas, and going to the Abilene zoo!
Zoo train ride!


Greatest part at the zoo!

Next we got to go visit my family in Decatur for Cason and my dad's birthday parties and just to hang out for a while! Blayze was staying with my parents for a few days so we got to witness her cuteness for a while. ALL the grandkids in our family LOVE grandaddy and playing with the stuff on his desk.

Random but we went to McDonalds (or according to Cassidee- Mickey Donalds... it's cute coming from a 5 year old) so we had to get Lucy some fries. It's like candy for her!

Also, while we were in the area we got to go visit our good friends Jeremy and Amanda in Fairview!

We had so much fun with them- went to Top Golf, the Purple Cow, an outdoor concert, see the movie Bad Teacher (hilarious!) and watched to guys play video games.  Evan was really sad to leave (I couldn't blame him... it was so much fun)


Then to end our visit we took Cassidee and Cason to the Rangers game! They love going!
Kids 13 and under got a free Kinsler jersey.

It was $1 popsicle night so we had to get one!


They played a couple of games.

And they got prizes... bonus!

Overall, I think they had a good time and so did I! Evan was a little sad that he didn't get to see much of the game but would totally take them again if given the chance.
I'm so glad we're getting to do all the stuff this summer. It has been a long time since I've had a summer where I could take little trips like this. Just wish it could always be like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment