Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Heaven On Earth

I dedicate this post to all the Deer Run people out there.

Since I was in 4th grade I have been going to a WONDERFUL place called Camp Deer Run! I'm sad to say that after 14 summers under the trees it is time to call it quits for myself. I always knew the day would come but it certainly came way too fast. Here are some of my favorite memories:

Cross Devo
Program Staff
 Hoche Chicken! Probably the best chicken I will ever eat in my entire life!
 Mellow Night
 Singing the Chiquita Banana song!
 Killi Kapers!
 We all LOVE Sadie Hawkins Day!!!
 Mud soccer was a must... especially summer 2007. By the end of that summer EVERYTHING was wet and moldy.
 Critter hunting... enough said.
 Playing with the Pee Wees!
 The first time Michael and I started a fire on our own!
 camper-staff ball game!
 every stinkin' fire that was ever built for cross devo...

 The Swim Time song... SHOWER OFF BEFORE YOU GET IN THE POOL!
 Cowboy Day
 The permanent scare of someone dropping me on my head in Killi Creek on Sadie Hawkin's Day...
 ... and then writing a song about it at killi kapers.
But most importantly was the kids and staff! I love each and every one of you! Thanks for making camp what it is! We're so blessed to have a wonderful place like Camp Deer Run!
Go check out the website: http://campdeerrun.com/
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment